Pubblicato il 18/09/2018
Tipo di Laurea: Economia, Ingegneria, Giurisprudenza
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. Every year, WFP’s team of procurement experts source food, goods and services across international, regional and local markets to meet the needs of WFP’s operations and the people it services. To fulfil its mandate to combat hunger, WFP buys more than 2 million metric tons of foodstuffs annually – mainly cereals, pulses and specialized nutritious foods – for a value of over US$1 billion.
WFP is currently seeking candidates with relevant expertise and experience in the procurement of food commodities, good and services to fill the position of Procurement Officer P4 level working with the WFP Nigeria operation, based in Abuja.
WFP provides an apt platform for procurement professionals seeking highly rewarding career opportunities. A job tenure with us is an exciting adventure which involves working in line management positions in any of our country offices and at the headquarters in Rome. Staff have an enviable career path where their knowledge and skills are enhanced in diverse areas across the supply chain function. We welcome you to be part of this exhilarating journey to facilitate humanitarian assistance to the world’s vulnerable populations.
Strategic and proactive procurement of food commodities, goods and services, in partnership with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries. Contribution to the achievement of core WFP supply Chain Objectives including efficiency gains and cost savings.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Participate in the development and implementation of country sourcing strategies or specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimising purchase decisions.
- Lead the implementation of highly complex procurement projects in COs to ensure successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement, following best-practice and in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers in order to improve service delivery and resolve supplier related issues.
- Manage and coordinate effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Work in close collaboration with senior cross functional colleagues to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to food assistance.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders leading to performance optimization.
- Manage or oversee all auditing of procurement activities ensuring recommendations are responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Lead and motivate a large or highly specialized procurement team providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to WFP staff and external partners and governments, building capacity to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of procurement specific risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in procurement
- Experience managing the physical purchase of commodities/goods/services in complex situations (e.g., market evaluations, assessing vendors, evaluating offers and making recommendations).
- Experience in coordinating supply chain operations (including procurement of food, goods, and services, including budgeting and integrated supply chain planning
- Experience managing suppliers including but not limited to wholesalers, traders and retailers.
- Experience supervising medium numbers of staff
- Experience communicating and coordinating with UN agencies or large international conglomerates
- Experience in servicing client units or client offices
- Experience of Vendor Management.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as rotational contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
30 September 2018
TO APPLY: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=63167&company=C0000168410P&username=&st=A22AB6CD9766590850F367CB487831097F629F5E