Pubblicato il : 02/05/2016
Tipo di Laurea: Economia, Ingegneria Gestionale, Lettere, Master Risorse Umane
About UN World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The global context in which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means the need for continuous learning and development is becoming important than ever before. The programme unit is committed to offer an innovative and effective learning journey to all its programme workforce. To achieve this, we need more a Learning & Development professional who can develop, design and implement a holistic learning approach for the whole workforce in programme to enable WFP to meet its vision of zero hunger.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Policy Officer (Staffing Coordinator) in charge of programme staff talent deployment, acquisition and career management, the Consultant will primarily support the implementation of the Programme Learning Journey for WFP. The Programme Learning is a blended learning initiative, which includes e-learning, virtual sessions, face-to-face workshop and action learning assignment. The ‘Journey’ in 2016 will be composed of 3 main programmes targeting 3 different audiences respectively: (1) Country Directors and Deputy Country Directors, (2) Heads of Programme, (3) Programme Officers. Once the respective learning programmes are launched, the Consultant is in charge to keep the whole learning journey for WFP running.
The position will be based in WFP headquarters in Rome, Italy, for an initial contract period of 6 months.
The consultant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Learning Needs Analysis
- Review the collected results, share and discuss them with the interested parties and use them for the learning design and content development.
- Learning Programme Design
- Refine in collaboration with the external training provider the whole Learning Journey and the different programmes within the journey by applying the 70-20-10 learning approach and leveraging innovative and effective learning solutions.
- Learning Content Development
- Identify and approach the experts from the Programme Unit to support the actual content development and content review;
- Review carefully the content developed and provide regular feedback to external training provider for adjustments.
- Learning Programme Implementation and Coordination
- Upload and keep updated any learning information and/or solution on the Moodle platform;
- Schedule and coordinate the actual learning events / solutions once the programme is launched;
- Prepare or supervise the actual preparation of the learning events (booking and setting up rooms and needed equipment, preparing webinars, testing e-learnings, sending invites through email, notifying line-managers, printing material, inviting sponsor(s) for the opening of face-to-face sessions, inviting and briefing resource persons);
- Coordinate and follow-up on the action learning component in the programmes;
- Handle system administration for tracking learning hours and learning Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report on the learning KPIs;
- Ensure compliance with the WFP learning rules;
- Be the first contact person for any question from participants on programme;
- Select the internal resource people to invite them to contribute/co-facilitate with the learning solutions of the Programme.
- Learning Programme Evaluation
- Define the measurement framework (incl. level 1-2-3 learning measurement) for the Programme Learning Journey in coordination with the external learning provider (in charge of programme evaluation);
- Ensure metrics are collected, reported on regular basis.
- Learning Programme – Project Management
- Be the alternate focal point for the external learning provider and support the Staffing Coordinator (who is the Project Manager and the primary focal point) in ensuring that terms and conditions agreed in contract are followed;
- Support the project planning, administration, and tasks coordination during each phase of the project;
- Tracking progress made on project plan and prepare regular status updates to be shared with the Project Sponsor;
- Organise meetings for project team, with key stakeholders and with external learning provider.
- Learning Programme – Communication
- Support defining the engagement/communication plan for the Programme Learning Journey;
- Implement the actual communication plan for the programme in integration with the communication strategy of the Policy and Programme Division;
- Create and keep updated the Moodle Platform.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- At least three years of experience in learning design and content development for large scale global capability building/development solutions;
- Basic experience in project management;
- Strong vendor management experience;
- Previous experience with development and humanitarian assistance programme is desirable.
- University degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Working knowledge (proficiency/level C) of English;
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of another UN official language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other standard office software packages and systems;
- Creative problem solver, flexible and constructive approach to overcome challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence internally with various stakeholders and subject matter experts across business functions, levels and geographical areas.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates.
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/olcv/
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.