Pubblicato il 09/08/2019
Tipo di Laurea: Ingegneria Elettrica/Elettronica/Meccanica/Meccatronica
Location: Ancona, IT
Company: Lloyd’s Register
Job ID: 29307
Position Category: Surveyor
Position Type: Employee Regular
Electrical Marine & Offshore Surveyor
Are you a mechanical/electrical/electronical engineer with a passion for marine, offshore and industrial components? Do you want to work in a technical environment where you can use your expertise to share with clients and contribute to safety? Then working as an Electrical Marine & Offshore Surveyor for Lloyd’s Register is something for you! We will offer you a challenging job opportunity and the possibility to develop yourself and realise your ambitions.
What are you going to do?
- To conduct relevant activities as agreed in personal training plan with the aim of increasing knowledge and competency in the execution of survey and other related work;
- To assist manager in producing deliverables against defined specifications and scope that will include budget constraints and contractual requirements;
- To understand all LR services and be able to discuss and present the deliverable with the internal clients initially, and later external clients, and be able to suggest solutions where appropriate;
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards;
- To appreciate the time and value of the work to be undertaken for an external client by understanding and assisting with survey fee calculations and quotations;
- To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate;
- Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures;
- To produce reports, certificates and documents to an agreed format and within agreed timescales;
What do we ask from you?
- A degree or equivalent (BEng with MSc or MEng) from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register and the Engineering Council in the relevant field of engineering;
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution;
- Working towards or achieving chartered engineering status;
- To work in accordance with professional codes of conduct and the LR Code of Ethics in IMS01;
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the work;
We will evaluate also candidates recognized as Protected Category (Art. 18 Law 68/99)
What do we offer?
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high-level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be offered. As for every Lloyd’s Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long-term goals.
About Lloyd’s Register
Some companies seem to work for their shareholders. You could say that Lloyd’s Register’s shareholder is society!
Lloyd’s Register have been fiercely independent since its start more than 257 years ago as what would become the world’s first ship classification society. It’s also where Lloyd’s Register first started contributing to the safety of the world’s critical infrastructure, helping ship builders and owners make safer ocean-going vessels.
Today that tradition continues as Lloyds Register, still owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, offers it deep technical expertise to asset owners- providing quality assurance and certification to everything from cruise ships to the pressure equipment that helps power cities everywhere!
Lloyd’s Register is renowned globally for its technical expertise, independence, and focus on safety. And because of Lloyd’s Register’s long history, it carries approvals and accreditations from industry bodies and governments worldwide, often acting on their behalf to inspect and certify equipment around the world.
Are you interested in this job? Apply now via the ‘apply’ button at https://jobs.lr.org/job/Ancona-Electrical-Marine-&-Offshore-Surveyor/545853801/?locale=en_GB and upload your C.V. and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can contact Guillaume Tertre (Corporate Recruiter – South Europe), by phone +33 6 21 08 43 67 or email email@example.com.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)