Pubblicato il 13/07/2018
Tipo di Laurea: Ingegneria Informatica
Sede di lavoro: Amburgo, Germania Lingua: Inglese
Sito web: http://www.yelp.com
Yelp is a website and mobile app that makes it easy for users to connect with awesome local businesses. Founded in July 2004, Yelp has taken root in countries across the globe, making it the leading local guide for real word-of-mouth on everything from boutiques and mechanics to restaurants and dentists. All of this is made possible by our group of talented engineers, who come from diverse technical backgrounds and value digital craftsmanship, open source, and creative problem solving.
Our Hamburg office is located in the heart of the city and brings with it the unique advantages of booming international teams, all of whom share the same floor and are brought together by the same goal: empowering Yelp’s products for business owners.
With the support of your onboarding mentor, you’ll be encouraged to share your own opinions, come up with new ideas, and build your knowledge base. And if you’re not familiar with a particular technology yet, don’t worry, we’ll help you get there!
Check out our GitHub page (https://yelp.github.io/) to see what we’re up to!
What you will do
- Design and build new features to connect with Yelp’s business-owner community
- Work on your own projects from day one, bridging the gap between frontend and backend
- Implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps)
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams
What we are looking for
- Experience with at least one dynamic language
- Some experience with at least one popular server-side framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, )
- Desire to learn, share your knowledge, and always improve your engineer-self
- Basic familiarity with a Linux environment
- Belief in well-tested code
Apply by filling in the online form here.