Short Term Power Optimizer Internship
Pubblicato il 22/06/2021
Tipo di Laurea: Ingegneria, Matematica
Short Term Power Optimizer stager candidate will be part of Assets Optimization and Trading (AOT, one of the local Business Entities of Global Energy management Italy –GEM Italy– ). His/her activity will be learning how to create value around GEM Italian assets.
Based on its perimeter defined by Head of POWER Short Term Optimization & Trading, the candidate will learn:
- The Italian power market players and elements (Power Plants, transmission grid flows)
- Power spot market (Day Ahead; Intraday, Ancillaries markets): understanding and deep learning on the main drivers and fundamentals
- How manage power assets with analysis based on probabilistic models, maximizing results and minimizing risk, through all flexibility offered by the markets
- How assess market strategies of competitors through the development of new analysis tools
Short Term Power Optimizer Stager will directly report to the Head of Short Term Power Optimization & Trading desk. The position is based in Rome. The ideal profile matches with the followings prerequisites:
- Degree in Engineering /Mathematics;
- Excellent attitude in quantitative analysis and probabilistic model;
- Knowledge of energy markets is a plus;
- Knowledge of trading environment is a strong plus;
- Attitude to work in Shift and in availability (24hours /7 days)
- Attitude to change, “mobility”, “flexibility” is required
- Strong team player; humble and communicative. Interested to others opinion.
- Strongly customer oriented. Respectful of others stakeholders and polite.
- Eager to learn new things; curious and passionate in commodities and financial markets and new developments in the energy sphere;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply those skills in a practical fashion.
- Strong work ethic, attention to details and risk awareness.
- An attitude and practice of proactive idea generation and continuous review and improvement of processes.
- Fluent English.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and possibly VBA
- Proficient knowledge of Python (mandatory)
Please send an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org