:: Apply now
Opportunities available in ITALY
The position will be located in a fulfilment centre, sort centre, delivery station, or other warehouse environments. Please note that your location preference will be subject to availability and you must be open to relocation as part of the program.
Shift Pattern Working
You must be open to working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
Languages: Italian B2+ & English B2+
Candidates must speak the language of the country to which they apply at a minimum B2 level.
Your career path starts here
At Amazon, we’re working to be Earth’s most customer centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, and hardworking people. We are looking for smart and analytical graduates, who are passionate about operations, to join the Pathways leadership program to become Amazon’s next generation of leaders.
Pathways Operations Internship is a project-based, educational opportunity intended to prepare driven and ambitious students for the Pathways Program, Amazon’s highly sought after Operations Leadership Development Program.
Start here. Go anywhere
At Amazon, we take pride in hiring and developing the best. We are excited to offer students graduating with an MBA, PhD or MSc the opportunity to launch big careers with limitless possibilities.
Are you looking to become a leader in one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers?
Do you want to manage people, process, and technology in one of the most innovative operations environments on Earth?
Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to millions globally?
If so, then the Amazon Pathways Operations program may be right for you.
Go further faster
Interns will spend 12 weeks in one of Amazon’s large and complex fulfilment centres, sortation centres of delivery stations in Europe. This is a chance to learn and understand leadership and project execution by working with experienced senior management as well as front line associates in some of the largest fulfilment facilities.
You will experience operations strategy and process efficiency concepts come alive, put your analytical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a high-priority project that will deliver significant impact to our business.
Your project will include design of a new process or strategy and require both a deep dive into data as well as implementation and testing of your solution to ensure scalability across our larger network.
You will interact with senior leadership based in our headquarters, technology development teams, data warehouse experts and front line associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges we face.
The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and quickly prepare you for effective executive leadership as a Senior Manager in the program and graduation at Director-level role.
Key job responsibilities
- Master the tools, processes and culture
- Take on progressive assignments
- Leverage your leadership skills
- Partner with senior leadership
- Develop standard operating procedures
- Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals
- Leading process improvements
- You are currently enrolled in/or recently graduated from an MBA/MSc/PhD and available for full time work in 2022/2023
- Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required.
- Strong analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication
- Leadership ability in/from a managerial role
- Experience of stakeholder management at varying levels of seniority
- You are fluent in English and the local language of your requested location
- Previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, or similar metrics
- You have either an MBA, PhD or MSc in engineering, management, logistics, manufacturing, science or any other STEM field
- Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma and/or kaizen techniques and methodologies would be advantageous
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
:: Apply now