The Italian Fellowships Programme for Technical Cooperation Capacity Building and Human Resources Development is sponsored by the Government of Italy through the General Directorate for Development Cooperation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and implemented by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN/DESA).
This programme targets post-graduate Italian nationals.
Timeframe for the Programme
The tentative timeframe for the 2020/2021 round of the Programme is as follows:
- May 2021: orientation workshop organized by the ILO/International Training Centre
- June 2021 – May 2022: work experience/on-the-job training period in a UN or AICS Field Office
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the starting date and implementation modality of the fellowship assignments (either physically present in the local office of the assignment country or via teleworking arrangements from home) may vary and be adapted in due course depending on the situation in each host country.
Eligibility requirements for applicants
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- born on or after 1 January 1992
- Italian nationality
- Fluency in English and Italian
- hold one of the following advanced university degrees (or degree combinations) awarded before the application deadline:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
- Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree
How to apply
Applications can only be submitted online through the Online Web Application (OWA) of the UN/DESA Office in Rome.
The deadline for submitting applications is 30 October 2020 at 3 pm (Italian local time).
:: How to apply