Pubblicato il 25/10/2019
Tipo di Laurea: Economia, Giurisprudenza
Count yourself in.
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are truly a global company, with more than 1,800 employees spread across 30 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Enter the world of corporate governance and responsible investment and gain an understanding of relevant technical terminology
- Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
- Expand your know-how in the corporate governance industry and contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
- Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
- Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
ISS is seeking a pool of talented and self- motivated research interns from February 2020. Our interns will be assigned to a dynamic regional market (Southern Europe) and guided by our top experienced analysts.
As Corporate Governance Research Intern, you will become an integral part of the team with the crucial role of helping deliver data, research and vote recommendations on shareholder meetings of listed companies. The internships coincide with “proxy voting season” supporting listed companies with their annual shareholder meeting responsibilities. You will be assessing the corporate governance performance of the listed companies and supporting our clients making informed voting decisions.
- Analyze governance structures and performance of publicly listed companies and provide investors with the according/appropriate recommendations.
- Gather data based on information in the company’s public documents.
- Engage with companies in order to procure additional information.
- Prepare reports detailing the analyses and explaining why a certain vote recommendation was given.
- A relevant master’s degree in economics, business, finance, law or political sciences or in the process of obtaining such a degree.
- A prior experience in a relevant area will be considered as an advantage.
- A strong analytical ability, numeracy, strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player.
- An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines.
- English fluent (both spoken and written)
- A minimum of one of the following languages to a native standard:
- Italian or Spanish or Portuguese or Greek
This internship is remunerated (€ 1000 gross monthly + transport refunding) and will run for 3 to 5 months starting in February 2020, depending on the covered markets.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at http://www.issgovernance.com/ by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration.
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes