Pubblicato il 26/09/2019
Tipo di Laurea: Economia, Ingegneria
Wayfair Business Graduate Opportunities (f/m)
Full-time, permanent position based at our European Headquarters in Berlin
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $6.8 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ending Dec. 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 13.000 people.
Wayfair is growing and committed to hiring analytical, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented graduates to become the next generation of leaders across the business. These individuals will demonstrate their leadership skills, quantitative mindset, and will execute strategic and cross-functional projects for their respective teams.
Successful candidates will be placed into key functions across the business dependent on a combination of interest, skills and experience. Functional Areas of Interest and potential team placements include:
We currently operate in Germany and the UK and aim to offer an unparalleled selection of great value products for the home, paired with excellent customer experience. Each Category Management team is responsible for a specific vertical (e.g., lighting, décor, bedding, kitchen), knowing the respective market / industry, and maintaining relationships with suppliers. By working with key suppliers on a daily basis, the team’s ultimate objective is to grow the category by expanding the selection on our website, aligning promotions and operations, merchandising, and marketing activities with the respective teams, and ensuring price competitiveness throughout the catalogue. Cross-functional collaboration is key in this role, since the category management teams are in daily contact with internal teams to advance the aforementioned business drivers.
The merchandising department is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product catalogs. We add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. We also continually improve the catalog – fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with our suppliers. Our goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. We also understand where the customer is shopping on site – where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and we create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
The promotions department is responsible for producing exciting flash sales events for our German website. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial, focused, and analytical graduates who have a flair and passion for the home and are interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory. You will work across multiple categories including furniture, home accessories, home improvement and much more.
Detailed responsibilities will vary by team; however typical responsibilities include:
- Managing communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Targeting opportunity areas and recommending solutions to drive results
- Using creative strategy and data to communicate efficiently
- Analyzing high level business trends to improve conversion on site
- Identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Driving negotiations
- Collaborating frequently with other Wayfair departments
- Researching categories and vendors to build out selection
- Running competitive landscape analysis
- Representing Wayfair at various offsite events such as trade shows
- Competitive shopping analysis
- Report on performance trends and improvements
- Strong academic background in a Business or Technical related field
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and a desire to make processes better
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English and in another European language such as Italian
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office and especially MS Excel
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus
- A company culture driven by pioneer thinking and talent that moves between departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks and drinks every day!
- Discounted lunch program
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Please apply in English via this link with your cover letter and CV or on www.wayfaircareers.com